Information about Application Portal Norway
Almost all our applicants can register their application for a visa, residence permit or citizenship in Norway on the Internet through the Application Portal Norway. This service cannot be used by asylum seekers.
How do I apply?
- You create a user on the Application Portal Norway (APN):
- Then you register your application through the portal. You also pay the fee online.
- After you have filled in the application, you will be asked to book an appointment at an embassy or consulate if you are outside Norway, or at a police station if you are in Norway.
- At the appointment you must hand in all the documents that are necessary for the UDI to process your application. When you have handed in all the necessary documentation we will start to process your application.
Who cannot use the Application Portal?
The applicant’s reference persons can use the APN to confirm information, register additional information and pay the fee for the applicant. A reference person can be an employer, representative of an educational establishment, a host family for an au pair, or a family member.
When an applicant names a reference person, this person will receive an e-mail from APN confirming that he/she has been specified as a reference person in an application to the UDI. The e-mail will include a link to APN with details explaining how the reference person may log on.
You will find more information about this in the portal.
Help from friends and family in Norway
If you would like someone you know in Norway to fill in the application for you and pay the fee for you, this is also possible.
However, as the applicant you still have to meet at the appointment at the embassy, consulate or police station. It is important that you bring your passport and all the necessary documentation when you turn up for your appointment. As the applicant you are always responsible for your own application.
There are several advantages of applying through the Application Portal Norway:
- You can register the application using any computer with internet access.
- You can apply at any time, day or night.
- You can pay the application fee online with a MasterCard or a Visa card
- You can book an appointment for handing in your documentations, so that you don’t have to queue at the police station or embassy.
- You have access to help texts in the application portal on how to fill in the form.
- You can check online whether your application has been processed.
- You don’t have to fill in all the information again when you apply for an extension of the visa/permit.