Application forms for permanent residence permit
Here you will find the forms and documents needed to apply for a permanent residence permit.
(You will find more information on the permanent residence permit main page.)
1. Check where to hand in your application
- If you are in Norway you hand in your application at a local police station. In larger cities there is often a special section/office for immigration permits. Please contact the police to find out which office to visit.
- If you are abroad you normally hand in your application at a Norwegian embassy or consulate. In some countries you will hand in the application at the Swedish or Danish embassy instead. Check here where to hand in the application.
2. Find out if you should apply online
You should register your application online if:
- you apply from Norway
- you apply through a Norwegian embassy
You may not register your application online if you hand in the application at a Swedish or Danish embassy.
If you cannot apply online:
If you hand in the application at a Swedish or Danish embassy you need to print out the application form and hand it in at the embassy.
3. Everyone must hand in documents
Both applicants who register their applications online and those who hand in a paper version need to bring their passport and other necessary documentation to the embassy or police station.
- If you apply online, you will at the same time book an appointment for handing in your documents to the police or the Norwegian embassy. You will not have to wait in line when you turn up for your appointment.
- If are not applying online you need to contact the embassy to find out when to hand in the documents along with the application form.
When you have handed in your passport and other necessary documentation, your application is formally submitted and we will start to process your application.
Please print out the list and hand it in together with the documents.
If you want to fill in the form on your computer, you need the programme Adobe Professional.