Boyfriend/girlfriend visits from abroad

From 19 June at 12 pm, you can apply for a permit for your boyfriend/girlfriend to visit you in Norway if he/she lives in an EU/EEA/Schengen Area or the United Kingdom, and you meet certain requirements.

Published: 19.06.2021

It is the person who lives in Norway who must apply and will be responsible for the content in the application you submit.  

You and your boyfriend/girlfriend must meet the following requirements:  

  • you have been in a relationship for at least nine months   
  • you have met each other physically at least once   
  • you are both 18 years of age or older   

If the UDI has granted you the permit, your boyfriend/girlfriend can bring his/her children under the age of 18. 

Here you can read more about the requirements for you and your girlfriend and information on how to apply. 


Would you like to help us improving the website?

Did you find what you were looking for?