How to apply for a residence permit for a skilled worker with an employer in Norway

The information on this page is personalised for

The applicant is a citizen of : United States

Would you like for the employer to apply on behalf of you, the employee?: No

No, the employee will hand in the application

Are you already in Norway, and do you wish to hand in the application here?: No, wish to apply from abroad

Which country are you applying from?: United States

How to apply

Print out the checklist and gather the necessary documents

Fill in your application

Hand in the application and documents in person

When you register your application in the Application Portal, please choose the Consulate of Norway in New York, USA, which is going to process your application.

When handing in your documents on the checklist, please go to one of the Visa Application Centres of VFS in Chicago, Houston, New York, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C., which represents the embassy (external website, opens in new window)

Would you like to help us improve our website?

Did you find what you were looking for?