(You can find more information on the visa main page.)
1. Check where to hand in your application
You hand in your application at a Norwegian embassy or consulate. In some countries you will hand in the application to the embassy of another country. Check here where to hand in the application.
2. Find out if you can apply online
You should register your application online if you apply through a Norwegian embassy.
You may not register your application online if you hand in the application at the embassy of another country.
If you cannot apply online:
If you hand in the application at the embassy of another country you need to print out the application form and hand it in at the embassy.
Extension of a visa
In order to apply for a visa extension you must fill out this form and hand it in to the police.
3. Everyone must hand in documents
- If you apply online, you will at the same time book an appointment for handing in your documents. You will not have to wait in line when you turn up for your appointment.
- If are not applying online you need to contact the embassy to find out when to hand in the documents along with the application form.
When you have handed in your passport and other necessary documentation we will start to process your application.
4. Additional documents
In addition to your application, you need to hand in additional documents.
List of documents which must be enclosed with the application
Guarantee Form for Visits
To be able to read the files on this page you need the programme Adobe Acrobat on your computer. You can download the programme for free
If you want to fill in the form on your computer, you need the programme Adobe Professional.