Some job seekers can stay in Norway without a residence permit for up to six months to look for employment as a skilled worker.
- You must not need a visa to visit Norway.
- You must be qualified as a skilled worker
- You must look for employment as a skilled worker. The work cannot be as a religious leader/teacher or an ethnic cook.
- You must have travel medical insurance
- You must have at least NOK 500 for each day of your stay in Norway.
- You must report to the police in the place where you live no later than three months after your arrival in Norway, prove your identity and document that you fill the requiremens for being a job seeker.
- If you have held a residence permit in Norway, you must have stayed outside Norway for at least 90 days before you can return to Norway as a job seeker.
Rights and obligations
- You may not start working until you have been granted a residence permit for work purposes.
- If you have stayed in Norway for more than 90 days, you cannot travel to or stay in another Schengen state than Norway. This means that you cannot stop en route or travel through other Schengen states.
- If you travel out of Norway, you can only re-enter the country if your total residence period in the Schengen area does not exceed 90 days during a period of six months.