(You can find more information on the au pair main page)
1. Check where to hand in your application
If you are in Norway:
You can apply from Norway if
- you have skilled worker qualifications
- you have held another type of permit for the past nine months
Learn more about who can apply from Norway
If you are in another country:
You hand in your application at a Norwegian embassy or consulate. In some countries you will hand in the application to the Swedish or Danish embassy instead. Check here where to hand in the application.
2. Find out if you can apply online
You should register your application online if:
- you apply from Norway
- you apply through a Norwegian embassy
You may not register your application online if you hand in the application at a Swedish or Danish embassy.
If you cannot apply online:
If you hand in the application at a Swedish or Danish embassy you need to print out the application form and hand it in at the embassy.
This form can be used both by those applying for a first-time application or those renewing a permit.
3. Everyone must hand in documents
Both applicants who register their applications online and those who hand in a paper version need to bring their passport and other necessary documentation to the embassy or police station.
- If you apply online, you will at the same time book an appointment for handing in your documents to the police or the Norwegian embassy. You will not have to wait in line when you turn up for your appointment.
- If are not applying online you need to contact the embassy to find out when to hand in the documents along with the application form.
When you have handed in your passport and other necessary documentation we will start to process your application.
4. Checklists and additional documents
In addition to your application, you need to hand in these documents.
Contract for cultural exchange between au pair and host family
Power of attorney/authorization (Fill out this form if you wish to give the host family authorisation to follow up your application on your behalf. )
Checklist of documents that must be enclosed with the application
If you want to fill in the form on your computer, you need the programme Adobe Professional.