How do I appeal a decision from UDI?
Не весь вміст на цій сторінці доступний українською мовою.
Who can appeal?
- An appeal may only be lodged by the actual applicant (i.e. the person who wishes to visit or live in Norway), or by someone granted power of attorney / authorisation by the applicant.
- If you are the applicant's family member, employer or friend in Norway and wish to appeal on their behalf, you must have been granted power of attorney / authorisation by the applicant.
What is the deadline for appealing?
- You must appeal within three weeks from the date when you, your authorised representative or your lawyer received the decision, or when you should have become aware of the decision.
- Have you not managed to obtain all the documentation you wish to enclose with your appeal within the three-week deadline? You must still submit your appeal within the deadline, but you can write in your appeal that you wish to send us more documentation. You will then be given a new deadline of two weeks to submit the documentation.
How do you appeal?
- Write a letter where you explain which decision you are appealing and why you believe the decision you have received is incorrect. The letter must be written in Norwegian or English.
- Sign the letter (Appeals without a signature are rejected).
- Scan or take a photo of the signed letter and upload it in our form for sending documents to UDI. You can also send it to the police. If you have any new information or documentation, you must enclose it.
- You will be notified by email or SMS when UDI has received your appeal.
It does not cost anything to appeal.
How long will it take before your appeal is decided?
Please see our information about waiting times.
What happens when you appeal a decision?
- UDI will then reconsider your case.
- UDI can either grant your appeal or forward it to the Immigration Appeals Board (UNE) for consideration. If we forward it to UNE, you will be notified by email or SMS.
- UNE will consider your case again, and either reject or grant your appeal.
- If UNE also rejects your appeal, there are no other possibilities of appeal.