You must hand in these documents with your application for a residence permit (Immigration Act section 40) Checklist for family immigration with spouse


The applicant is the person who wishes to visit or live in Norway. 

DUF number/date of birth:

This is what you have to do to see which documents you need to hand in

  • You have to type in your (the applicants) citizenship
  • You have to answer some questions about your spouses’ (the reference persons) situation

When you have done this, you will be presented with a list that shows all the documents you need to hand in together with the application.

Remember that you have to click on the grey button ‘choose’ in the blue box to get to the next question.

Who is the applicant and who is the reference person?

The applicant is the person who wants to move to Norway, or continue living here, and who needs a residence permit.

The reference person is the spouse living in Norway.