Want to apply Medical treatment for citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA area
The applicant is the person who wishes to visit or live in Norway.
Such residence permits can only be granted for a total of one year maximum.
Residence permits for medical treatment
Requirements for applying
- You must have received an offer of medical treatment from an institution in Norway offering medical treatment.
- You must pay for the medical treatment using your own money or public funds from your home country.
- The hospital / outpatient clinic must confirm that your treatment will not have a negative impact on the health services provided to patients living in Norway.
- You must not be subject to an entry ban in Norway or the Schengen area.
- It must be likely that the treatment will not take more than one year.
- If must be likely that you will leave Norway when your residence permit expires.
The application is free of charge.How to apply