You must submit these documents when you apply for a residence permit Checklist for seasonal worker

The information on this page is personalised for

The applicant is a citizen of : Japan

DUF number/date of birth:

How to use the list

When you turn up to your appointment with the police or embassy/consulate you must hand in this list and copies of the documents on this list. You must also present the original documents

If any of your documents are in a different language than Norwegian or English, you must also hand in a translation of the documents into Norwegian or English.

It is your responsibility to make sure that you have handed in all documents on the list which are required for your application. If all relevant documents are not handed in, this may lead to you having to wait longer for an answer or your application being rejected.

Please note: Some embassies may request additional documents based on local conditions if you are applying from abroad.

Documentation you must hand in when applying for the first time

View explanationHide explanation
  • If you hand in your application in Norway, you normally only need to show your passport and hand in the copies.
  • If you hand in your application abroad, you must normally hand in both your passport and the copies. If you need your passport back before you receive an answer to your application, please contact the place where you hand in the application. 
View explanationHide explanation

The signature form is the attachment you received via email when you registered your application online. Please print it and bring it with you. If you are handing in your application at a Danish embassy, please bring a filled-out application form instead. (

View explanationHide explanation
View explanationHide explanation
  • If you are going to work in an industry in which a collective agreement applies, you must hand in a copy of the first page of the agreement and a copy of the page showing the pay rates, where the employer has marked the pay rate you have been offered.
  • If you are going to work in an industry in which no collective agreement applies, you must hand in documentation which shows that the pay you have been offered is not poorer than is normal for someone in your occupation in the place you are going to work, for example wage statistics from a trade association.
View explanationHide explanation

This can be a house, apartment, a room in a shared flat or similar. If you are renting, you must hand in a written rental contract which is approved by the house owner, manager or housing co-operative.  

It is recomended (but not required) that the apartment number (dwelling number) is stated on the contract. This number consists of an H and four digits, for example H0101. When you are filling in the application form, we will ask you for this number.

Additional documents for some applications

If you are not going to work in agriculture or forestry

View explanationHide explanation

Your employer must ask NAV for such a statement. The UDI can also obtain a statement directly from NAV, but then you will have to wait longer before you receive a reply from the UDI.

If you would like your employer to apply on your behalf, or for your employer or another person in Norway to follow up your application in UDI on your behalf 

View explanationHide explanation

You can use this form Form for granting Power of Attorney (pdf, 677 kB) ( or the form you received by email when you registered your application in the Application Portal.

If you submit your application in a country other than your home country

If you submit your application in Norway

View explanationHide explanation

For example: Visitor's visa, residence permit in another Schengen country and /or documentation which shows when you travelled into Norway/Schengen.

If you have a residence permit in Norway, you do not have to hand in anything. 

If you are applying for a new permit as a seasonal worker and you have previously held a seasonal worker permit

View explanationHide explanation

The disqualification period of 6 months starts from the expiration date of your previous seasonal worker permit. If you can document with a stamp in your passport that you left Norway earlier, we can change the start of the disqualification period to the day that you left Norway.