You must hand in these documents when you apply for a residence permit Checklist for trainee (vocational training)


The applicant is the person who wishes to visit or live in Norway. 

DUF number/date of birth:

How to use the list

When you turn up to your appointment with the police or embassy/consulate you must hand in this list and copies of the documents on this list. You must also present the original documents

If any of your documents are in a different language than Norwegian or English, you must hand in a translation of the documents into Norwegian or English.

It is your responsibility to make sure that you have handed in all documents on the list which are required for your application. If all relevant documents are not handed in, this may lead to you having to wait longer for an answer or your application being rejected.

Please note: Some embassies may request additional documents based on local conditions if you are applying from abroad.

Documentation you must hand in when you apply

View explanationHide explanation

The cover letter is the attachment you received via email when you registered your application online. Please print it and bring it with you. If it was not possible for you to apply online, please bring a filled-out application form. (

View explanationHide explanation
View explanationHide explanation

The statement from your school must contain the following:

  • What study you are attending and at what level
  • The duration of your study
  • When you started the study and when you will complete the study
  • How many credits and exams you have completed
  • The importance and relevance of an internship relative to your studies
  • Whether your internship is a necessary part of your studies
  • Whether you are awarded credits for the internship
  • Overview of what tasks you need practice in
  • What agreement your school has with the employer you are going to work for
View explanationHide explanation

This can be a house, apartment, a room in a shared flat or similar. If you are renting, you must hand in a written rental contract which is approved by the house owner, manager or housing co-operative.  

Additional documents for some applications

If you want your employer or another person in Norway to follow up your application in UDI

View explanationHide explanation

You can use this form Form for granting Power of Attorney (pdf, 677 kB) ( or the form you received by email when you registered your application in the Application Portal.

If you submit your application in a country other than your home country