You must hand in these documents with your application for a residence permit (Immigration Act section 40) Checklist for family immigration with spouse for those who previously have been granted a family immigration permit to get married

The information on this page is personalised for

The applicant is a citizen of : Iran

DUF number/date of birth:

How to use the checklist

Underneath is a list of the documents you need to submit when you apply for family immigration. Some of the documents you the applicant have to get and others the reference person need to get.

  • Print the list.
  • Mark every submitted document in the check list
  • Sign the last page.
  • You as the applicant should then submit this checklist, the questionnaire and copies of all the relevant documents in person. You must also bring the original documents. 

On this page, we use the words 'reference person' and 'applicant

  • The reference person = the family member living in Norway.
  • The applicant = the person who wants to move to Norway or continue living here and who needs a residence permit

Application documents 

View explanationHide explanation

The cover letter is the attachment you received via email when you registered your application online. Please print it and bring it with you. If you are handing in your application at a Danish embassy, please bring a filled-out application form instead. (

View explanationHide explanation

You can use this form Form for granting Power of Attorney, pdf, 710 kB (pdf, 677 kB) ( or the form you received by email when you registered your application in the Application Portal.

Identity documents for the applicant 

View explanationHide explanation
  • If you hand in your application in Norway, you normally only need to show your passport and hand in the copies.
  • If you hand in your application abroad, you must normally hand in both your passport and the copies. If you need your passport back before you receive an answer to your application, please contact the place where you hand in the application. 

Documents about your family

Documentation of the income of the reference person (please choose the cathegory which is relevant for the reference person)

You must document that the reference person has an income of at least 

NOK 264 264 per year pre-tax

 now. In addition, the reference person’s income last year must have been at about the same level. The reference person cannot have received any financial assistance from NAV (økonomisk sosialhjelp) during the last 12 months. Please check the income requirements, what kind of income that counts and whether you can be exempted from any of the requirements at

Documents you must hand in if the reference person works

View explanationHide explanation

In the contract/confirmation it must be clear how long the employment will last and the scope (full time or part-time) of the employment. If your work is temporary, you should enclose a confirmation from your employer if it is possible to prolong your contract.

View explanationHide explanation

Documents you must hand in if the reference person receives benefits from NAV

View explanationHide explanation

Documents you must hand in if the reference person is self-employed

View explanationHide explanation

Documents you must hand in if they apply to the reference person’s current situation

View explanationHide explanation

The reference person must have earned at least 

NOK 264 264 per year pre-tax


Originals and copies of the documents

Requirements for documents from Norway

You do not need to bring originals of documents from Norwegian authorities. You are only to hand in a copy of the document. The copy does not need to be stamped.

Requirements for documents from other countries than Norway

  • You must show all the documents in their original form, and your passport. The original documents from your home country must be legalised by the foreign authority. You can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or equivalent in your home country to get information about how to get your documents legalised. No legalisation of your passport is required.
  • You must also bring copies of all the documents and your passport.
    • If you hand in your application abroad, the copies must be stamped by the authorities in your country, or by a notarius publicus.
    • If you hand in your application to the police in Norway you do not need to have the copies stamped (neither the copies of your documents, nor the copies of your passport). 
  • If your documents are in a different language than Norwegian, English, German or French, they also have to be translated to Norwegian or English by an authorised/certified translator. It must be stated on the translation who translated the document and when.
  • You must also hand in a copy of the translations. If you hand in your application abroad, the copy of the translation must be stamped by the authorities in your country, or a notarius publicus.
  • Do you have documents from different countries? Check at what you need to do to get documents from different countries certified.

Application questionnaire to be filled out by the applicant (not the reference person in Norway) 

The UDI will look at your answers when we process your application. It is therefore important that you fill in this questionnaire as accurately as possible, even if not all the questions are relevant to your situation. 

Information about you and your spouse / registered partner

Please use extra sheets of paper to write down your answers.


  1. Give a description of how the relationship has evolved after you came to Norway





  1. Have you lived together with your spouse after you came to Norway?





  1. Where and when did you enter into marriage?






  1. How did you celebrate the wedding?






  1. Who were the witnesses at the marriage ceremony?