Where to send your application for a residence permit

To find out where to send your application for a residence permit in connection with work, family immigration, studies or as an au pair, please type in where you are applying from and click on ‘Choose’.

The information on this page is personalised for

Which country are you applying from?: Afghanistan

Meet up point

To hand in your documents from the checklist, please go to one of the Visa Application Centres of VFS in Islamabad, Lahore or Karachi (external website, opens in new window)

VFS will send your application to the Norwegian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. The embassy will check your original documents. Your passport will be sent for inspection to the Norwegian Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Your application will be sent electronically from Abu Dhabi to UDI.

The Visa Centre where you submitted the application (VFS) will return your passport after the embassy has completed its inspection. You will receive your other original documents back from VFS when UDI has finished processing your application.

If you are staying in – or can travel to – Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar or the United Arab Emirates, you can also choose to go to one of the following application centres:

Please note that you must ensure you have the legal right to enter and stay in the country you will be visiting to submit your application to avoid problems with the country's authorities. You must also ensure that you receive an exit permit from the country, if necessary.

Did you find what you were looking for?