Can I travel to other countries while living in Norway?
- After you have been issued your residence card, you can travel into and out of Norway for as long as your residence permit is valid.
- You must bring your travel document and residence card when you travel.
- You can visit other Schengen countries for up to 90 days.
- You cannot travel to your home country.
- If you are later going to apply for a permanent residence permit, you can normally not have stayed outside Norway for more than a total of seven months in the past three years.