Received an answer Your application for a local border traffic permit has been rejected
Questions and answers
What is the deadline for appealing?
You must appeal within three weeks from the date on which you received the decision.
How do I appeal?
- You must appeal in writing. This means that you must send a letter to the consulate in Murmansk stating which decision you are appealing. You must sign the letter and explain why you believe the decision you have received is incorrect. You can send the letter by post or scan it and send it as an email attachment.
- If you have any new information or documentation, you must enclose it.
- It does not cost anything to appeal.
How long will it take before my appeal is decided?
Please contact the consulate (external website) to receive information about this.
What happens when I appeal a decision?
- When you appeal, the consulate will reconsider your case.
- The consulate can either grant your appeal or forward it to UDI, which will consider your appeal.
- UNE will consider your case again, and either reject or grant your appeal.
- If UNE also rejects your appeal, there are no other possibilities of appeal. However, you may submit a new application to UDI at any time if you meet the requirements.
May I apply again?
- Even if your application has been rejected previously, you may apply again at any time if you believe that you meet the requirements.
- If your application for a local border traffic permit has been rejected, it may nevertheless be possible for you to be granted a visitor visa or residence permit, for example for studies or work.