UK national with a temporary residence permit

If you are a UK national who has a valid temporary residence permit, for example, through family immigration with a Norwegian citizen, then you must order a residence card (external website). You do not need to apply for a new permit until the one you have has expired. 

You will not be among those who must have a permit under the Brexit regulations, but you may change to this permit.

If you have a right of residence according to the EU/EEA regulations on an independent basis by the end of 31 December 2020 and want to change your residence permit, you can apply for a temporary residence permit according to the Brexit regulations. You will then receive an independent permit regardless of your family member. If you want to do this, see information under the heading "UK national living in Norway" on this page.