The webpage www.udi.no does not work in the Opera Mini browser, which you are using now. Please use another browser, for example Opera, or the standard browser on your phone.
How to apply for a residence permit
Due to the corona situation, you must send your application for a temporary residence permit by mail instead of appearing in person at the police station.
How to apply
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach a copy of your documents (only copies, no original documents).
- Complete the checklist and attach it to the application (for those applications that have a checklist).
- Send the application by mail to your police district. You can search for the address on the police´s website (external website). Remember to only send copies of your documents, never your original documents.
For this type of application there is no checklist. You only need to attach
If you wish, you can also hand in documents which show that you have been a victim of abuse, for example:
- a description of what you have been the victim of
- a copy of the police report (if you reported your spouse/cohabitant)
- a confirmation of your stay at a crisis centre
- a medical certificate