The webpage www.udi.no does not work in the Opera Mini browser, which you are using now. Please use another browser, for example Opera, or the standard browser on your phone.
Posted worker from an EU/EEA company
If you are employed by a company in another EU/EEA country and that company has a temporary assignment in Norway, you can be posted to work in Norway and special regulations apply to you.
Employee of foreign enterprise (service provider)
How to register
You must meet one of these two requirements
- You are employed by a company in an EU/EEA country that has a contract with a Norwegian company to carry out an assignment in Norway.
- You are a self-employed person in an EU/EEA country and have a contract with a Norwegian company to carry out an assignment in Norway.
Rights and obligations
- You can take on new assignments while you are in Norway.
- You can bring your family to Norway. They must also register.
- After five years in Norway, you can be granted permanent right of residence
How the registration scheme works
- You can move to Norway and start working right away, but you must register no later than three months after your arrival in Norway.
- You only need to register once, regardless of how long you will be living in Norway. You can also, for example, go from being a student to being employed without having to re-register.
- You must fall into one of the categories described on this page the whole time you are living in Norway, for example employee or student.
- If you meet the requirements for registering, the police will issue you a registration certificate.
- Registration is free.