Flight crew members on aircrafts in international traffic
In some cases, personnel on aircrafts in international traffic do not need a residence permit, if they are working on flights into and out of Norway.
You can do the following without a residence permit
- Work on flights to and from Norway
- Stay overnight in Norway in connection with the flights and travel within the municipality where the airport is.
- Travel to another Norwegian airport if you are going to be crew on a flight out of Norway from there
- You must have an aviation personnel licence (flight crew or non-pilot personnel licence)
- You cannot do any other work in Norway.
- You cannot live in Norway.
- You cannot stay in Norway for more than a total maximum of 90 days within a six month period.