Some technical experts do not need a residence permit if they are to work in Norway for up to three months.
- You must be a technical expert
- You are to install, disassemble, inspect, repair or perform maintenance on machinery or technical equipment. You can also provide information about the use of such machinery or technical equipment. By technical equipment is meant devices, tools and IT equipment, e.g. software.
- You cannot have an employer in Norway.
- The assignment you are to carry out cannot exceed three months. This means that the client cannot bring in a new technical expert without a residence permit if the assignment should take more than three months.
- You or your client must notify the police in writing before you enter Norway.