Residence permits for children who are born in Norway

When a child of foreign parents is born in Norway, the parents must apply for a residence permit as soon as possible after the birth (as soon as you have received the birth certificate). Please answer the questions to find out what application to hand in.

Please choose the alternative which describes the mother.

If the mother does not have parental responsibility for the child, and is not a Norwegian citizen, please choose “does not have parental responsibility for the child”

Would you like to help us improving the website?

Did you find what you were looking for?