Residence permits for children who are born in Norway

When a child of foreign parents is born in Norway, the parents must apply for a residence permit, register the child as an EU/EEA national or apply for a residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals. Apply as soon as possible after the birth.

Please choose the alternative which describes the mother.

If the mother does not have parental responsibility for the child, and is not a Norwegian citizen, please choose “does not have parental responsibility for the child”

Would you like to help us improve our website?

Did you find what you were looking for?