Technical framework and development
www.udi.no was developed using open standards. This ensures that the website is presented correctly in all browsers that comply with the standards.
www.udi.no was developed using the following technology standards:
- CSS 3
It is important to us to have a website that is as accessible and user-friendly as possible.
We therefore comply with the requirements of the Web Accessibility Initiative's (external website) guidelines for accessibility and the Agency for Public Management and eGovernment's (external website) requirements for public websites.
The following has been done to ensure accessibility:
- HTML5 and CSS 3 v are validated to the W3C standard.
- Document outline is used according to the standard, i.e. the hierarchy of the html document.
- All links and functions are available when navigating with the TAB key on the keyboard. They appear in a natural order and are clearly marked as active.
- Alternative texts are used to communicate the meaning of images where this is natural.
- Relative sizes are used for all typography.
- ARIA regions are used to provide more information about the content of the different parts of the website. For example, navigation, searches and main content are highlighted, so that the user can go straight to them, provided that the tool supports this function.
- Coding and other solutions do not prevent the user from making his or her own adjustments to the website's appearance.
- The content is written to be as easy to read as possible.
- As far as possible, the design of the various elements on the site has been based on standard design principles.