I do not have a valid residence card but need to travel. What can I do?

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA/Schengen Area, you must have a valid residence card if you are going to travel. 

If you do not have a valid passport/immigrant´s passport/travel document or a valid residence card, you should not travel now. If you travel without valid travel documents, you may experience problems at the airport, when you enter another country or when you travel back to Norway. 

You should not book travels now before you have all the valid travel documents and a residence card. 

UDI cannot answer questions regarding border control in Norway or other countries. Neither can we give you any confirmations you can use when travelling which airlines and the border control in other countries will accept as valid documents. If you travel without a valid residence card, you need to be aware of the risks. 

If you have an application for processing, UDI cannot prioritise your application because you have planned or booked a journey.