What do I have to do if I move before my case is processed?

You are registered in the National Population Register

You have to report your new address to the National Population Register (external website) as soon as you know you will be moving. UDI automatically receives your new address from the register.

You are in Norway, but not registered in the National Population Register

If you are in Norway, and you move before your application has been processed, you must notify the police of your move no later than one week after you have moved. You can notify the police where you are moving to, or where you lived before.

You are abroad

If you are abroad, and you move before UDI has processed your application, you must notify the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application. If you fail to do this, you risk not receiving the answer to your application.