What happens to my application while I wait?
- Once you have submitted your application documents, your case is forwarded to UDI. When UDI receives your application, you will be notified by email or SMS.
- The application is now waiting to be processed by UDI. Normally, the oldest cases are processed first. When your application is first in line, UDI will check your case.
- If information or documents are missing from your application, we will contact you.
- If your application is complete and does not require additional investigations, we will consider your case and send a decision to you.
- In some cases, UDI must do additional investigations. It is difficult to estimate your waiting time if we must do additional investigations. You can read more about what additional investigations may involve.