Stricter rules for visitor visas for citizens of Gambia
You will find a list of the situations where Gambian citizens are exempt from the new rules for visitor visas further down in this article.
The new rules that apply to Gambian citizens from 1 November 2021:
- You must hand in all the documents listed in the checklist to the embassy. Even if you have been exempted from providing some documents in the past, for example, because you handed them in to the embassy earlier, you must still provide them now.
- Adults and children over the age of 12 must pay an application fee of EUR 120. Children between the age of 6 and 12 must pay 40 euros. The application is free of charge for children under the age of 6. The fees were raised on 14 December 2022. The new fees apply even if you have been exempted from paying in the past, for example, because you have a diplomat passport or a service passport.
- The time you must wait for your visa decision will increase from 15 to 45 days.
- If you fulfil the requirements for the visitor visa, you will receive a visa for one entry only. You will not be able to obtain a visa for multiple entries.
Exceptions from the main rule
The new rules will not apply to you if you are
- a family member of an EU/EEU citizen, or
- you have been invited by an international organisation, or
- you are to attend an international conference organised by a Schengen country