One of the parents has protection (asylum), and the other is an EU/EEA citizen:

If one of the parents has been granted protection (asylum), and the other parent is an EU/EEA citizen:

When a child of foreign parents is born in Norway, the parents must apply for a residence permit for the child. This is to be done as early as possible following the birth.

Protection (asylum)

You may apply for protection (asylum) for your child.

If the child is eligible for collective protection, we will grant collective protection to the child. Read more about applying for protection

In order to apply you must visit the local police station where you live and hand in the confirmation of birth document you received from the hospital. The police will then register an application for the child.

The registration scheme for EU/EEA nationals and applications for a residence card for family members of EU/EEA nationals

Because one or both parents hold citizenship in an EU/EEA country, you do not need to apply for a residence permit for the child, but you must register the child with the police or apply for a residence card on the child's behalf. This applies also even if the child was born in Norway and has been issued a Norwegian national identity number.

There is no deadline for registering your child/applying for a residence card for children under the EU/EEU regulations. UDI recommends registering children or applying for a residence card on their behalf as soon as they have a passport.

Family immigration

You may apply for a family immigration residence permit for your child.

If a child is granted a family immigration residence permit, its parents will normally have to obtain a passport for the child from their home country in order to travel outside Norway. The child can use the passport to visit its parents' home country.

If contacting the authorities or the embassy of the parents' home country in order to obtain a passport puts the parents at risk, it is possible to apply for a Norwegian immigrant passport (blue) for the child instead.