Who does not get an extension of collective protection?
Not everyone who have received collective protection will get an extension of their residence permit. Your residence permit will not be extended if you belong to one of the following groups of people:
- You have been granted a different type of residence permit in Norway.
- Based on investigations, we have reason to believe that you have moved from Norway.
- We discover that you did not actually meet the requirements for collective protection.
You have been outside Norway for longer than 6 months during your first year under collective protection.
How will I be notified that I will not receive an extension of my collective protection residence permit?
We do not send you the decision that you will not get an extension of the collective protection permit if you have reported moving from Norway or if we assume that you have moved from Norway.
If you are staying in Norway and you have registered your address in the National Population Register (Folkeregisteret), we will send you the decision. It is important that you keep your address up to date and that you have your name on your postbox.
The decision states the reason why you have not been granted an extension. The most common reasons are:
- You have reported moving from Norway.
- You have notified UDI that you are moving, or we have other reasons to assume that you have moved.
- You have another valid residence permit at the time we are to extend your permit.
- You have informed UDI that you have stayed abroad for more than 6 months consecutively or in total during the period of your residence permit.
If there are other reasons why the permit is not extended, this will be stated in the decision.