Can I lose my residence permit?
In some cases, you may lose your residence permit.
Losing a permit means that UDI has decided that the residence permit is no longer valid. It may mean that you are no longer allowed to live in Norway or that you will be granted a new residence permit, and your residence period in Norway will restart.
There may be different reasons why you lose your residence permit, for example, if:
- you work more hours in your host family than what you are allowed to
- you work for other families or employers
- you move out of the host family's home (If you are going to change host family, you must apply for a renewal)
- you become pregnant, and therefore stop being an au pair
- UDI finds out that you have children in your home country
In some such cases, you can also be expelled from Norway.
Here you will find more information about revoking a residence permit.