Rejection of an appliation for permission for a long term stay outside Norway
In the decision it will be stated why your application was rejected.
You are entitled to appeal the decision
- The deadline for appealing is normally three weeks from the date when you received the decision.
- As a rule, the appeal must be in writing and signed and state the reason for your appeal.
- You can submit the appeal to the police, the foreign service mission or the UDI.
- If the UDI does not grant your appeal, it will be forwarded to the Immigration Appeals Board, which will consider it.
What you need to do now
- If you applied at least six months before the expiry of the two-year deadline, you must return to Norway within two weeks of receiving the rejection to avoid losing your permanent residence permit.
- If you applied less than six months before the expiry of the deadline, you will lose your permanent residence permit. You can appeal a decision revoking your right to permanent residence.