Household members of deployed personnel at a Norwegian foreign service mission or of military personnel

Suppose you are a member of the same household as 

  • deployed personnel by a Norwegian foreign service mission, or  
  • military personnel who have been ordered to serve abroad 

In that case, you may calculate the length of residence abroad with the Norwegian citizen deployed. You may also get exemptions from the requirement to be and remain resident in Norway, the requirement for a permanent residence permit, and Norwegian and social studies. To be eligible for an exemption, you must:  

  • not be a citizen of the country where you lived together with deployed personnel
  • be registered in the Norwegian National Population Register in relation to the Norwegian citizen who has been deployed

You must submit documentation showing where you have been resident throughout the time you have been resident abroad as a household member of deployed or military personnel.