EU/EEA nationals that are going to register
How to register
- You have a job in Norway.
Rights and obligations
- You can change jobs and you can have one or more employers.
- You can bring your family to Norway. They must also register.
- After five years in Norway, you can be granted permanent right of residence.
What happens if you no longer have a job?
How the registration scheme works
- You can move to Norway and start working right away, but you must register no later than three months after your arrival in Norway.
- You only need to register once, regardless of how long you will be living in Norway. You can also, for example, go from being a student to being employed without having to re-register.
- While you live in Norway, you must belong to one of the residence categories described on this page. You may be an employee, self-employed, family member, student, have your own funds, or be employed by a foreign company. If you are a student or are here on your own funds, you must have insurance.
- If you meet the requirements for registering, the police will issue you a registration certificate.
- Registration is free.