Requirements, rights and obligations
- You are employed by a company in an EU/EEA country that
- has a contract with a Norwegian company to carry out a temporary assignment in Norway, or
- that is setting up business in Norway
- You must have legal residence in the EU/EEA country in which your employer is established.
- The company that you are employed in has a temporary assignment in Norway. That means that the assignment is limited in duration, and is not necessary for daily operation with the Norwegian client.
- If the company you are working for is setting up business in Norway, you must have a senior position or special expertise that is crucial for the company's establishment.
Rights and obligations
- You can be granted a residence card for one year at a time.
- If you wish to stay in Norway for more than one year, you must apply for renewal of the card before it expires. You apply the same way as the first time.
- You cannot bring your family to Norway and you can not be granted the right of permanent residency.