Employee of diplomats or NATO personnel

You do not need a residence permit if you are to work:

  • in the private service of diplomats or NATO personnel, or
  • as a seconded member of the support staff at an embassy or consulate

You must be registered and accepted by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Norwegian Ministry of Defence.

You cannot take other employment in Norway.