You can stay in Norway for six months to apply for a job. The length of your stay is calculated from the date you travel into Norway, and you must document your entry date. You must report to the police within three months of entering. Even if you do not get an appointment with the police now due to the corona situation, the residence time of six months still applies. If you have not gotten a job during these six months, you have to leave Norway.
How to report to the police
- Fill in your details via the Application Portal (external website). Book an appointment with the police or a service centre for foreign workers.
- Go to the appointment you have booked. Bring your valid national identity card or passport.
What to do when you get a job
- When you get a job, you must register as an EEA national. You must register your details via the Application Portal Norway in advance and go to the police again.
What to do if you do not get a job
- If you do not get a job within six months, you must leave Norway.
- You can then come back to Norway anytime to search for work. You can be here for six months, and must report to the police again no later than three months after you came back to Norway.