Journalist on assignment for a foreign media institution in Norway for over three months

Requirements of the applicant

  • You must pay an application fee.
  • You must be employed by, or on assignment for, a foreign media institution.
  • You must have a place to live in Norway.

Rights and obligations

  • You can be granted a permit for a maximum of two years at a time.
  • The period you have this residence permit does not count if you later wish to apply for a permanent residence permit.
  • Your spouse or cohabitant and children can usually apply to come and live with you in Norway. If your family members apply at the same time as you, you will receive the answer to your applications at the same time.