Norwegian ships sailing between Norwegian ports

You must apply for a residence permit if you are to work on board a Norwegian-registered ship that carries cargo or passengers between Norwegian ports. This also applies if you are working on board a fishing vessel that lands its catches in a Norwegian port.

Seafarers can apply for the following types of residence permit