Want to apply Seasonal workers
You can be granted a residence permit as a seasonal worker if you are going to do a job that can only be carried out at a special time of the year, or if you are going to work as a holiday stand-in for a permanent employee.
Requirements for applying
Requirements of seasonal workers
- You must pay an application fee.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- The circumstances in your home country must indicate that it is likely that you can return home when you have completed your work in Norway.
Requirements relating to the job offer
- You must have received a concrete offer of full-time employment. You can have more than one employer, but you must then have received a concrete offer from each employer.
- The job you are to do must either be seasonal work or work as a holiday stand-in.
- The pay and working conditions must not be poorer than is normal in Norway. You must be guaranteed a minimum hourly wage.
Requirements of the employer
- Your employer must obtain confirmation from the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration (NAV) that it is not possible to recruit enough workers from Norway or the EEA to perform the job.
- If the work is in the agriculture or forestry industry, it is not necessary to obtain confirmation from NAV.
Rights and obligations
- If you later wish to apply for a permanent residence permit, the period you have this permit does not count towards the residence period required for eligibility for a permanent permit.
- You family is not entitled to residence permits to come and live with you in Norway.