The family situation has not changed
- If you have a residence permit for the purpose of marriage, it cannot be renewed. When you are married, you must apply for a renewal for those who have got married (please choose "You have married your fiancé(e)" below).
- A residence permit for visiting your child in Norway for up to nine months cannot be renewed. You must go back to your home country and wait for one year before you can apply for a new such residence permit.
Requirements relating to renewal of a residence permit
- You must pay an application fee.
- Your family situation must still be the same as the last time you applied (for example, a married couple must still be married and living together).
Requirement for the reference person, if he or she has a residence permit in Norway as a student or for work
- You must have an annual income of at least
NOK 320 274 per year pre-tax. You cannot have received social security benefits during the last 12 months.