This is a new type of centre introduced in 2015. Coordinated registration of asylum seekers. Arrival centre process:
- Registration with the police
- Registration in the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration's (UDI) asylum reception centre system
- Compulsory tuberculosis testing and medical examination
- Information from the Norwegian Organisation for Asylum Seekers (NOAS) about the further asylum process
After a few days, asylum seekers will be transferred on.
Unaccompanied minor asylum seekers under the age of 15
Transit reception centre
- There are special transit reception centres for unaccompanied minor asylum seekers between the ages of 15 and 18.
Integration reception centre
- An offer of accommodation where the residents are obliged to follow the municipality’s full-time qualification programme.
- Integration reception centres are aimed at adults and families that have been granted residence permits, or that most probably will be granted residence permits.
Ordinary reception centres
- Asylum seekers are moved to ordinary reception centres after their asylum interview with the UDI.
- Asylum seekers stay in these centres while their application is being processed.
- Unaccompanied minor asylum seekers between the ages of 15 and 18 will be placed in separate centres or units adapted to their needs.
Specially adapted units
- These units are specially adapted for asylum seekers with special physical or mental needs.
- They are primarily intended for asylum seekers who suffer from mental problems, but are not so ill as to need psychiatric treatment.
- Staying in a specially adapted unit is voluntary.