Do I need to book a new appointment after having received an answer to my application?
Many applicants do not have to meet twice with the police now. If you are a citizen of a country outside of the EU/EEA and provided biometric identifiers when you handed in your application, you do not need to meet with the police again after a decision is made in your case. For many applicants, the police can order a residence card without the applicant meeting a second time in the same case. The letter you receive together with the decision, will inform you whether you must meet with the police again or not.
Persons who still must book a follow-up appointment are:
- employees where the employer has applied online on behalf of the applicant
- residence permits where the applicant applied from abroad
- residence permits where the applicant had the opportunity to hand in the application only by uploading the documents electronically and did not meet with the police (rules that followed the corona pandemic)
- residence permits where the applicant handed in the application to the police before the new biometrics system was introduced on 16 April 2021
- citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA who have been granted a family immigration permit with a person who has EU/EEA rights in Norway, and who handed in the application before 16 April 2021 (the police then need biometrics for the residence card)
If you need to book a new appointment after you have received a decision from UDI / the police, you must book one by logging in and selecting the application.