What is an invitation?
An invitation is a letter written by the person, enterprise or organisation you plan to visit. You must submit the invitation together with your other application documents.
Some embassies have their own invitation form. You will find this in the embassy’s checklist. If the embassy has such a form, the person you are visiting can fill in this form instead of writing a letter.
What must the invitation contain?
- information about why you have been invited, for example to a wedding or a christening
- proposed dates for the visits, and the dates of important meetings or the family gathering
- information about the person inviting you, for example about his/her work and home
- information about the relationship between you and the person inviting you, for example whether you are related or business partners
- if the person inviting you is also giving a financial guarantee, this should be stated in the invitation.