Skilled workers who can hand in their application for residence permit in Norway

If you can document that you are qualified as a skilled worker, you can hand in your application for a residence permit to the police in Norway. 

You must have legal residence in Norway, and cannot wait for an answer to your application for protectin (asylum) or have had the application for protection (asylum) rejected.

The application can be for a residence permit for work, studies, au pair or family immigration.

You must fulfil three requirements in order to be able to hand in your application to the police in Norway, rather than at an embassy. 

  • you can document that you are a skilled worker
  • you have legal stay in Norway. This means that you either
  • you are not awaiting an answer on your application for protection (asylum) and your application for protection (asylum) has not been rejected.

Would you like to help us improving the website?

Did you find what you were looking for?