Commercial and business travellers

Some commercial and business travellers do not need a residence permit if they are to work in Norway for up to three months.


  • You must be a commercial or business traveller.
  • You cannot have an employer in Norway. 

Examples of commercial and business travellers

  • persons who are to attend meetings and conferences, participate in contract-related discussions
  • shipping inspectors or veterinary inspectors
  • persons planning to sell goods at trade fairs