- The photo must show the whole head (the face must take up 70-80 per cent of the photo) and the top of your shoulders.
- Eyes must be open and clearly visible with no hair across the eyes.
- Wearing glasses is permitted. The lenses must not be tinted, the frame must not cover parts of your eyes and there must be no reflection in the lenses.
- Religious headgear is permitted if your chin, forehead and both cheeks are clearly visible. The headgear must not cast a shadow on the face.
- the photo must be
- in sharp focus, clear and with good contrast
- printed on high-quality photo paper at a high resolution
- taken directly from the front, against a light background
- in colour
- 35–40 mm wide
- maximum six months old, and look like you
If the photo you enclose does not meet all the requirements, you will be asked to submit a new photo.
If your application also concerns your child, you must submit photos both of you and your child.
Illustration of photo requirements