Can you participate in voluntary work?
You do not need a work permit to participate in voluntary work. There are strict rules for what is considered voluntary work.
For work to qualify as voluntary
- It must be work that you yourself have chosen to do.
- It must be work that you are not paid for.
- It must be work that is organised by a humanitarian, non-profit or religious organisation, or by a volunteer centre (frivillighetssentral), a sports club or similar organisations.
- The tasks you carry out must be tasks that no one is normally paid to do.
- You cannot do voluntary work for more than 30 hours per week.