What happens during the asylum interview?
- You will be summoned for an asylum interview with UDI.
- You will meet the interpreter and the person who is going to interview you.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you are entitled to bring your representative.
- You are responsible for explaining what has happened to you in your home country and why you left your home country.
- You have an obligation to tell the truth.
Please note: Providing incorrect information is a criminal offence. If you provide incorrect information, it can have a bearing on your application and subsequent applications from you or your family.