I have been evacuated to Norway from Sudan. What type of residence permit should I apply for?

It depends on your situation and which permit is best suited for your situation. All residence permits have certain requirements that you must fulfil to obtain the permit. Each residence permit has its own requirements.

You must read about the various permits yourself to see which type suits your situation.

You can apply for family immigration if you have a spouse/partner or child in Norway with whom you wish to live.

You can apply for protection (asylum) if you are persecuted or fear persecution or inhumane treatment in your home country.

Sudanese citizens who have applied for protection due to the general security situation, and who are not persecuted for other reasons, have not yet received a response to their application. UDI has not yet decided how we will assess these applications, and it may take some time before these applications are processed.